The Future of Governance: Effective decision making for current and future generations
In partnership with the Future Generations Commissioner, Welsh Government, Welsh NHS Confederation, Centre for Public Scrutiny and Welsh Local Government Association, we held an event on 'The Future of Governance: Effective decision making for current and future generations'.
Public services in Wales will need a step change in the way they make decisions, to respond effectively to the Wellbeing of Future Generations Act. The implications of the Act, together with the changing public service landscape, mean that we cannot continue to run, deliver and hold public services to account in the same way as before.
This seminar provided a practical 'walk through' of the skills and behaviours decision makers need to fulfil the spirit and intention of the Wellbeing of Future Generations Act.
Walking away from this event, delegates gained a better understanding of how and why they'll need to do things differently and will be better equipped to ensure that the wellbeing of future generations is at the heart of decision making.
Who the seminar was aimed at
This seminar was aimed at public and third sector staff in the following roles:
- Public Service Board members;
- Chairs and vice-chairs of scrutiny and audit committees;
- Non-executive board members;
- Leaders and cabinet members;
- Chief executives, directors and other public service senior leadership team members
- The future of governance: Effective decision making for current and future generations [PDF 1.9MB opens in new window] - Professor Tony Bovaird