Access to council’s accounts

Our guidance explains:
  • your right to access your local council or other local government body’s accounts
  • your right to question the Auditor General or appointed auditors about the body’s accounts, and
  • your right to object to specific items within the accounts.
Please note: if you wish to make a complaint about your local council, you should follow their complaints procedure in the first instance.
Any queries about getting access to councils' accounts can be sent to us by:
Tel: 029 2032 0500
We welcome telephone calls in Welsh and English. You can also write to us in either Welsh or English and we will respond in the language you have used. Corresponding in Welsh will not lead to a delay.